Wednesday 27 March 2013

Race Day - 5 weeks Sunday!!!

Ok, let's blow the dust of this blog and get going!!

Doesn't seem long ago since we first talked about doing this... it was almost 5 months ago!! Now we have just over 5 weeks left till the big day!!!

I've done nowhere near the amount of training I wanted to do. But I doubt anyone has; what an awful winter we've had, and it still isn't pleasant out there - it started snowing on me earlier!


Today I did my first swim (before work), bike and run (after work) in one day. Not very fast, but wanted to know what it feels like to run off the bike. It's added 4mins to my run but really pleased to just be able to do a 5k after riding, albeit a short ride. Running immediately off the bike was tough, so I recommend everyone does it at least once before D-day....

The swim is still my weakest event, so I'll be putting in the hours down at Eastern Leisure Centre over the next few weeks. I'm starting to get to know the lunchtime regulars there, most of whom are pensioners. I might organise a coach trip for them to come down and support me on 5th May!! :-)

Hopefully registration will open soon for the event - not sure what's delaying them. We need a few weeks to get a good amount of sponsorship!! In the meantime, happy training folks and let's keep our fingers crossed for some warmer weather!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment